Tuesday, January 7, 2014

WIP Dark hunters Razorback

OK Well an UPDATE to the WIP Dark Hunters Razorback. After a Super Clean soak (tut here) of about 6 hours (I let it soak while I slept) I woke up and took a toothbrush to the parts. they came mostly apart and some of the superglue had released and broken apart. Here is a quick pic of what it looked like after the strip:


Now as you can see it did really well in the strip bath. I then strained out the liquid and tossed in the red rhino pictured in the group shot in the last post. It seems to still be working fine and the red rhino was crazy with thick paint so it wont hurt to leave it in for a while!!! Anyway I went to town breaking apart the model so I can ensure good joints and proper placement. I used my tool kit and made pretty quick work of the joins.  Trouble areas on this model were the tracks (plastic glued in place) and the floor (also plastic glued). the tracks will have to be spliced together and such to look good but its not too bad. The floor was a pain in the neck... I had to cut out some of the floor to get it to set correct (It was plastic glued in wrong and I had to break and hack it to fit somewhat correct!!) and did some gluing with plastic glue to get a strong bond on some not so stable body parts. Its pretty strong now but it was a bear to fit it correct!! Anyway I got it glued back together and am working on the tracks now... here are pics of how it looks now

Turret and sponson weapons glued

the body sub assembled. I had to do this to ensure correct placement as a unit, so top was glued into one side and bottom was to the other. when that was dry I then fitted them together to make it a whole body.

together and banded to hold

Well this is coming together nicely and I hope it looks nice when we are done!! Till next time Serve the Emperor well!!!

Munkey

No comments:

Post a Comment