Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dark Hunters Army: update and Project log

Hello!!!

OK well first off Its the Day after the Storm, As some of you know Im on the East coast (Washington DC area) and we are dealing with Hurricane Sandy. Last night was the landfall and downgrade to Tropical Storm but We are all OK here and I personally had no flooding nor damage as far as I can tell. Here are some pics from a buddy and coworker of Mine Pete Giove-FourWinds who lives about a mile from me and is a professional part time Photographer. The link contains his portfolio which also contains Galleries that contain nudity. BE WARNED if you are sensitive.

Again we are fine and alls Well....

NOW on to the MEAT!!! Dark Hunter Marines!!!
I have finished stripping the Marines and have been busy repairing some of them I broke and those who are not what I want. I have not been to storage for more bitz but Im able to get most of what Im wanting, and will build more when I go to storage for the proper bitz. There is about 100 power armored marines, 30 Termies, 10 assault marines, 25 Bikes and 6 speeders. I have not started with the rhinos yet, but Im going to put up to 6 rhinos in the army. Here is some pics:


Today these will get placed on Painting sticks (toothpicks in the feet)  and HOPEFULLY basecoated/primered. I am using American Accents Midnight Blue as my base color/primer.

Its currently 40 degrees F and Rain so we will see about priming today. I might do it in the foyer to avoid the rain but its still cold... And once its primed I will start painting with the Airbrush and I cant do that outside without freezing, so Im needing a indoor spray booth. I'll look into that but it might just be a table by a window and a fan blowing out....LOL

As far as Pads Im getting some masters made from a buddy Ben AKA Fleafa and will cast them myself for this project. Im planning on putting the chapter badge on BOTH shoulders with a white shield for the chapter icon and colored shields on the other shoulder for squad markings. Also I plan to do the rims maybe a different color on the squad pads... foe easy ident on the table. Im not sure yet. Now I have YET to pay Ben for them so.... They will be later......

AS for Bases Im going to use Dragonforge "Parched Earth" Set in a Blue-Grey ash waste theme to tie in to the blues of the Armor but be much lighter in color. Maybe paint in the sand brown like the pics but give a blue glaze when done to shade and tie in....Anyway Here are the bases:



This should be about all I got going on for the Marines. If you got any questions or comments Feel free to hit me up!!

Until next time Serve the Emperor well!!!
Munkey!!





No comments:

Post a Comment