Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More on Munkeys NEW marines

OK well I have been talking with some friends and such and I found some pads I liked.....

.....Warning From here on out Fluff bunnies might get upset.....

I found these:

I was super happy and I thought they would fit my Dark Hunters marines well.... See??

Adds a little more texture and still have the "double headed axe" look!! WIN!!! Except I forgot to realize I did not read completely the Badab War books from Forge World.....

Well DAMN!! The Executioners stole my Iconography!!! The Bastards!!! So I looked more into the Executioners and found not only did I like their Icon but the also had a blue color scheme before Forge World changed my FLUFF!!! (this is another rant altogether though!!)
NOW this Kinda fits my Objective of working more with the airbrush as I can do the camo with an Airbrush, but I however do not like it. Really I dont like it. And I have seen Executioners before but have never seen Dark Hunters So what Im going to do is a little bit of Heresy. Im going to use the icons as Dark hunter Icons and paint them as Dark hunters. I will however look to the fluff in the FW books from the Executioners to pattern my vehicles and squad markings some. 

I also have found a VERY cool blog that did some very nice Executioners called Fourth Company Librarium and He (I think its a He!! pretty sure) and He used some Chapter house Doors for his Rhinos and did some pretty good ideas for markings.....


Im thinking I will Like this "new" direction and then I will have a good playable army and work on my airbrush tech for painting minis. I picked up some Tamiya acrylics and Airbrush hose for my new airbrushes (im going from an Iwata to Badgers I got on Ebay). Im going with Tamiya Flat blue with field blue and medium blue to act as my highlight and shade.
SO thats a little update and I hope no one is too mad im using some "liberty" with my icons....;)

So till next time Serve the Emperor well!!
Munkey!

OH!! PS I saw this on Darogs Company blog and thought we would like to get some of this....;)




No comments:

Post a Comment