Monday, May 14, 2012

Defiance Games UAMC: Proxy guard??

Ok well being a Guard guy myself I like to see guardsmen on the table. GW can be expensive so Many look for alternate figures, or Proxies.  I have a buddy that has been play testing Defiance games new release called "Alien War" and they have some interesting models in the line.


Currently they have UAMC Marines and soon will have German troops and Tyranid/Starship trooper ESQ bugs for the General pops. I preordered a Box of Marine for my own personal use and just got them in the mail last week. And I will say they are AWESOME.... SO I decided to share with everyone!

First about Defiance Games
I found about them from a friend and got a link to their FACEBOOK PAGE, so I could look at their stuff. The company has a link to their store from their facebook page where they sell the models. Checkout is secure Via ECWID (some type of facebook shopping cart) and you can pay via many common methods as google checkout or Paypal as I did. I got the small starter pack of 24 marines for $30 and $5 shipping (VS $85 plus shipping for GW 2XCadian troops and a command)  And here is whats in the box-


And some assembled and painted examples:


And for those of you wondering.....
Now some people are complaining about the Arms..... the arms are more "truescale" VS GW scale creep heroic hands and arms..... They are smaller but are more realistic VS GW scale.... Heres a pic to demonstrate.


Now about what I think of them
I like defiance games and HOPE they do Very well. When my marines came in I had a Extra sprue for me to have "Just for me" and a personal hand written note from "Tony" the Company Owner. I LOVE this attention to Customers. And the products are Great. Not ONE SINGLE MISCAST and everything is on a well thought out and assembled sprue that INTERLOCKS with the other sprues so it can stand stacked without sliding and falling over. Great attention to details with everything.  I'm sold on this company and will purchase some of the Germans when they come out and the female Marines also. I hope they expand the Human range as THAT'S what I like.

Now what am I going to do with them?? Well I originally was interested in the Armored legs and was going to use them for some of my Bloodpact. But I think I might make a squad or more with these legs and make some  of them complete models and try to learn the game. Worst case scenario I can use them for IG and get them 2-3X the models for the price.....

Anyway Give them a look if your interested and till next time, Serve the Emperor well

Munkey





No comments:

Post a Comment